The following ‘skincare hacks’ are Flora & Fauna approved, and can easily be coupled with any of our products.
- Hydrate - You’ve heard it before, but we have to emphasize this easy and important ritual. Drink lots of water, and ditch any sugar-filled or caffeinated beverages. Did you know your skin is over 60% water? Hydrated skin is plumper and less likely to show signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Our Baby Glow Skin Rejuvenating Facial Cream is packed with a plethora of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals to help improve the skin’s natural firmness and promote hydration.
- Rest well - Again, nothing new, but majorly important. Sleep deprivation wreaks havoc on all parts of your body, including your skin. Poor sleep is associated with increased levels of cortisol (the dreaded ‘stress hormone’) which lends itself to inflammation. Getting a good night’s rest is underrated! Check out this list of natural essential oils that will help you catch some ZZZs
- Be zen - Keep those cortisol levels low by practicing meditation, mindful breathing, acupuncture, yoga, art, or anything else that helps you let go. Good Juu Juu box offers an awesome subscription box that is sure to help bring some zen into your life.
- Check your diet - If breakouts and skin issues persist, it may be time to take a look at your diet. Some of your favorite go-to meals could be causing inflammation or even allergic reactions that manifest in your skin health. Check out this list of inflammatory foods and start eliminating them one by one.
- Go Natural - Ditch anything with a laundry list of chemical ingredients, artificial fragrances, or any harsh and potentially irritating ingredients. Not just skincare, but anything your skin comes in contact with! That means toothpastes with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, or detergents with fragrance or dyes. Our favorite natural household products brand is Seventh Generation.
- Be Active - Exercising increases blood circulation, which helps deliver fresh oxygen and nutrients to the skin. Exercising will also help your body flush out toxins, so don’t be afraid to sweat your way to glowing skin!